Friday 23 September 2011

PHALAROPE FEEDING at FAIRHAVEN.








What a difference a day makes as the song goes,but in this case 3.These posts of the Phalarope over the 3 days show the difference in the conditions,firstly giving extremely challenging conditions trying to get any images at all,to Thursday when it was a photographers dream.To me they all have merit and Tuesday images definitely deserved a posting. The images I'am posting today show the Phalarope feeding and I was very lucky to be able to capture a few images of this. Image 1 and 2 are the same shown in a different crop,I'am not sure which has the most effect,any comments please.Finally I posted the first image on Birdguides and totally c####d up resizing the image, it looks flat and uninteresting,I've a lot to learn.

4 comments:

Millhouse Photography said...

Hi Martin

Personally, my preference is for the second one as the crop focused my attention towards the doomed item of prey. A very nice set of images.

Christian

Brian Rafferty said...

Martin. Have to agree with Christian...like that second one..great detail especially showing the shrimp it is about to eat. Another great set of images..We really are going to miss this super little bird.

geoff gradwell said...

Hi Martin, as for one and two, I think they both have their merits and understand why you have both. Not seen the birdguide image so dunno. Either way, you were there at the right time for these, I have the odd one 'feeding' but nothing as good as these. Like you say, you gotta be out there to get 'em, (the photos, whatever the subject). Smashing series of photos.

RAY said...

Incredible photos Martin, I prefer the un-cropped photo although the cropped one shows even more, how sharp your photos are, they are all very good to say the least,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...