Sunday 15 January 2012

THE SHOVELER SHOW.







Since Christmas I have been trying to capture images of Shoveler behaviour and the wonderful colours of this duck,it's been difficult because of the light and conditions.A few of my better efforts are shown below,the first image is taken in poor light and my shutter speed is a bit slow to capture a sharp image,the second image I like alot for the light and reflection,image 5 would have shown the wonderful colours of the Shoveler if the light had been abit better.Hey Ho never mind it's wonderful to be out with nature the images are an added bonus that I would like to share with you.

5 comments:

geoff gradwell said...

Good to focus on one species and some great images of the Shoveler. Thanks for posting them.
best

geoff gradwell said...

Martin, no problem posting today!
g

Millhouse Photography said...

Hi Martin

They are fantastic birds aren't they - stunning colours. I was at Myerscough quarry on Saturday, out for a walk and there were a multitude of different waders and ducks, voiding the attentions of a Peregrine by moving into the middle of the water. A wonderful spectacle and I think I saw a Shoveler or two. Lovely shots.

Brian Rafferty said...

Martin. You have shown the shoveler off to perfection...wonderful colours.We are never happy are we with the light !!! Catch up with you soon.

RAY said...

Beautiful photos Martin the colour are stunning , again the reflection one is awesome,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...