Tuesday 21 February 2012

GOOD MIX.

Sunday I was of early to Newton Marsh to see what was about.A sparrowhawk whizzed down the channel and a kestrel hunted the marsh,four buzzards floated over till the carrion crows started to mob them.A steady stream of lapwings,godwits and starlings landed on the marsh to feed with the impressive numbers of duck,a few lapwing were displaying and calling that wonderful PEEWIT call.I counted six skylarks in the field and fourteen meadow pipits on the fence and bramble bush,three hares were visible and one was very obliging and I managed a few images. In the late afternoon I called at a local common to see if Icould see the SEO's,two owls were hunting occasionally giving close but fleeting views due to the dogwalkers,but Imanaged a few images and was very pleased to see the owls as I class this area as part of my local patch.I have posted a few images of the days sightings and I hope you enjoy them as much as I did watching and capturing images of this wonderful wildlife on my doorstep.









                                                                                                                                                              

5 comments:

Millhouse Photography said...

Hi Martin

Cracking shot, that first one mate, beautiful movement.

Good to see the shots of the SEO, glad they're still about. I've been about six times and only seen them once! Spent an hour there before sunset on Saturday and didn't see them at all. The funny thing was that there were no dog walkers on Saturday, and still no sightings. Oh well, that's life.

Paul Foster said...

Good account of your day Martin.Love the Hare shots....

Brian Rafferty said...

A very nice mix Martin...That hare has a very frosty look !! Like the owl and sunset..Well done. Catch up with you soon.

geoff gradwell said...

'Nice' Martin, I do like the calling wigeon. Those SEO's have proved problematic and you've done well to capture them. See you soon no doubt. Best W.
g

RAY said...

Beautiful shots photo's Martin, especially like the first and last one ,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...