Tuesday 21 July 2015

ALLOTMENT UPDATE.

The allotment is slowly taking shape after a lot of hard work and sweat,the small wildflower meadow shows promise and the pond is starting to mature with plants flowering and wildlife slowly appearing.A couple of weeks ago I was amazed to see a male  broad bodied chaser flying around the allotment and pond,I put a small post in the ground at the edge of the pond and bingo he landed on it straight away I managed a few images but the next day he was gone. A bit of excitement on a neigbouring allotment was a swarm of honey bees [only the second one I have seen in my lifetime] I rushed home for the camera and managed a couple of images.I`ve posted images below to show how the allotment is maturing,the broad bodied chaser and the honey bee swarm.





                                                                                                        

3 comments:

Pete Woodruff said...

Looking good Martin, great stuff, and the Honey Bee swarm....WOW!

Brian Rafferty said...

Martin. Your allotment is coming on a treat.Great reward for all your hard work. Super shots of the BBC and the bee swarm is very special.Well done.

Gary Jones said...

Great stuff Martin, you are doing a great job up there, keep the progress photos coming. Great image of the Honey Bee swarm

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...